Equality, Diversity and Wellbeing
St Helens College's commitment to Equality and Diversity is reflected in our core values
We make sure that everything we do helps:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.
- Advance the equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
As part of this commitment we aim to:
- Remove or minimise disadvantages experienced by people due to their protected characteristics.
- Take measures to fulfill the needs of individuals from protected groups where they are different from the needs of other persons.
- Support and encourage individuals with protected characteristics to participate in the public life of the college especially where participation is disproportionately lower.
You can find out more about our commitment to equality and diversity in our Strategic Plan and in our Equality and Diversity Report and Action Plan.
|Equality and Diversity: Strategic Aims and Policy||Disability Statement|